Here at Solid we believe that financial services should be available to everyone. By creating easy, secure and user-friendly acquiring and payment processing solutions, we empower over than 500 million African users and companies worldwide to buy and sell online.
Being connected to all major acquirers, e-wallets and mobile money companies across Africa, we develop the largest and truly pan-African payment processing solution. With our help, international and local merchants are able to accept payments from their users in methods that are most convenient for them: cards, bank transfers, USSD and e-wallets.
As an Account Executive at Solid, you will drive Solid’s future growth engine by building relationships with prospective clients and turning them into happy Solid users. You are an adept salesperson, capable of engaging in business-level and technical conversations at multiple levels of the organization, including CTO, COO, and CFO.
You have experience working with large mid-market companies, as well as enterprise organizations. You have an in-depth understanding of the buyer journey and can lead a complex, multi-party sale in a highly consultative manner. You get excited about prospecting, and are capable of independently leading a sales cycle rom start to finish.
- – Identify high-potential prospective users and develop outbound strategies
- – Own the full sales cycle from lead to close for mid-market and enterprise companies
- – Be responsible for developing the strategy for your vertical
- – Lead and contribute to team projects to develop and refine our sales process
- – Engage with Product and Engineering teams to help drive product strategy
Your background and skills
- – 2+ years of sales experience, preferably at a technology company, with a track record of top performance
- – Ability to understand complex enterprise requirements and craft custom solutions
- – Proven negotiation and closing skills
- – Strong analytical and quantitative capabilities including comfort with basic modeling
- – Superior verbal and written communication skills
- – Ability to operate in a highly ambiguous and fast-paced environment
- – Strong interest in technology
- – Excellent English
Nice to haves
- – Understanding of internet acquiring and online payment processing business
- – Prior experience at a growth stage Internet/software company
- – Prior experience in selling a highly technical product