Here at Solid we believe that financial services should be available to everyone. By creating easy, secure and user-friendly acquiring and payment processing solutions, we empower over than 500 million African users and companies worldwide to buy and sell online.
Being connected to all major acquirers, e-wallets and mobile money companies across Africa, we develop the largest and truly pan-African payment processing solution. With our help, international and local merchants are able to accept payments from their users in methods that are most convenient for them: cards, bank transfers, USSD and e-wallets.
Technology is at the heart of everything we do. We believe that payments is a problem rooted in code, not finance. Our development team is constantly searching for elegant, composable abstractions that enable flexible, scalable and comprehensive integrations. Because we eliminate needless complexity and extraneous details, you can get up and running with Solid in just a couple of minutes.
- – Design, build, and maintain APIs, services, and systems across Solid’s engineering teams
- – Debug production issues across services and multiple levels of the stack
- – Work with engineers across the company to build new features at large-scale
- – Launch a new market or payment method
- – Build new tools for our business teams (work with our Analytics and Fraud teams to reduce declines and chargebacks)
Your background and skills
- – At least 3 years of experience in web development
- – Experience with client and server development
- – Experience with RDBMS (normalization/denormalization, foreign keys, indexes, transactions)
- – Experience with modern PHP frameworks (preferably yii, symfony, phalcon, ZF)
- – Experience with Queue servers/Messaging brokers (Gearman, RabbitMQ)
- – Strong OOP and Design Patterns knowledge, SOLID, KISS, DRY, YAGNI
- – Experience with CVS (preferably GIT)
- – Intermediate knowledge of English
- – Linux user
- – Knowledge of PHP7
- – Experience with other programming languages
- – Experience of integrating with 3rd party services